[access-uk] Re: NVDA saying strong/not strong

  • From: "Kevin Cussick" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "the.big.white.shepherd" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 11:34:15 +0000

No problem happy to help.

On 02/12/2015 21:55, Amro Bilal wrote:

Brilliant! Many thanks Kevin. Unticking ‘report emphasis’ in
‘preferences>document formatting’ has done the trick.

Cheers
Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Cussick
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 8:50 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: NVDA saying strong/not strong

Hi, you can switch all this off under document formatting, I have
not done it but know it can be done hope this helps.

On 02/12/2015 19:06, Edward Green wrote:
Hi John,

Another obscure HTML tag being rendered.

I’ve always thought that screen readers should provide much more by
way of formatting information on HTML pages, but this seems to be
going a bit far unless it’s possible to disable the behaviour.

Cheers,

Ed
On 2 Dec 2015, at 19:02, john coley <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ed, it also says emphasized not emphasized. I've only had it say
that or strong not strong on web pages, a google search results page
for example.
John.