[access-uk] Re: NVDA saying strong/not strong

  • From: Edward Green <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 18:53:42 +0000

Hi Mo,

‘strong’ is a little used HTML tag to emphasise text. I haven’t used the
latest version of NVDA, but does it appear to be indicating the start and end
of the tag as it might with elements such as lists?

This doesn’t seem to be a particularly useful feature if so.

Cheers,

Ed

On 2 Dec 2015, at 18:26, Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

After upgrading to NVDA version 2015.4, NVDA started saying (strong/not
strong) before reading some elements. I can’t figure out exactly what
triggers this but it appears to be any text in bold. This behaviour is not
tied to only links or headings for example but it happens with block of texts
too. Any ideas how to stop this behaviour? It’s getting very interruptive.
Thanks.

Amro