[access-uk] Re: My imap experience

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 14:04:49 +0100

Hi Andy,

145 for Imap?  That's unusual.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk <http://www.comproom.co.uk/>

From: access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Andy Collins
Sent: 26 July 2013 20:56
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] My imap experience

Hi all -

I've set up an imap account now, in Windows mail, but when I hit control m
to get new mail, i hear "checking drafts for new mail." I can send messages,
but not receive any.

So far, I've left my Mac set up to receive mail via pop3, and that's still
working ok, but this Windows machine isn't receiving via it's imap account.
I've changed the port from 110 to 145 as instructed on the Plusnet website,
and changed the server name to the imap server name.

When I look at web mail, my inbox has loads of mail in it, because although
mail has downloaded to the Mac, it hasn't so far downloaded to the Windows
machine, and won't leave my web mail inbox until that happens, this is why I
want to change to imap, so the mail  doeswn't stay stuck in my web mail in
box.

 Any thoughts? -

Andy