[access-uk] Re: Mixer Question

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:40:06 -0000

James - it sounds like you need 2 plugs at the end of the cable that goes in
to the mixer because from what you seem to be saying, the mixer inputs have
a left and right input per channel, so even if you are using a stereo led
from say your laptop, it will just deliver both channels to a single channel
in the mixer, so yes, you will need different cables with 2 inputs on the
mixer end; I'm not sure about the volume level from the mixer, this could be
a number of things depending on the mixer, some mixers have sunken slotted
screw heads close to their corresponding fader, which need to be accessed by
a screw driver, to boost the volume output for that particular fader; I
assume you know your mixer well enough to know if there is a master volume
somewhere on it?

HTH -

Andy