[access-uk] Re: Missing or corrupt file

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:48:44 -0000

Hi John,

Since the system will not load, you will need some sighted
help.

When you power the system up, tap the F8 key repeatedly and
quickly.  Eventually a menu screen will come up.  You ask
your sighted person to select "Last known configuration",
and might be lucky.

Otherwise get them to select "Safe Mode".  When the system
boots up, there will be no speech.  So sighted Help now
needs to go to Start, Help & Support, and then, "Undo
changes with System Restore".

All being well, it should be intuitive from there in
selecting a date to restore from.

George.