[access-uk] Missing or corrupt file

  • From: "John Snowdon" <john.snowdon1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:40:47 -0000

Hi list
For the past few months I have been having a recurring problem with my
computer.
I'm  using XP Pro SP1, N.I.S 2004, W.E 4.5.  Everything runs well for a few
weeks and when at boot-up I get the following message:- Windows cannot load
as the file \windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt.  I have
tried to repair this file - unsuccessfully with the result that each time
this fault occurs I just re-format.  Perhaps someone can help.

HTH
John