[access-uk] Re: Microsoft Word 2010

  • From: "Phil Roberts" <p.roberts13@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 20:19:40 +0100

Thanks Ian

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian
Robinson
Sent: 23 May 2014 15:19
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Microsoft Word 2010

Hi Phil,

To prevent downloaded Word documents from being opened in protected mode:
1.  Within Word, press Alt+f then t to display the Options dialogue.
2.  Cursor down to the last group of settings called "Trust Centre".
3.  Tab to "Trust Centre Settings" and press Enter.
4.  Focus should be on a list of categories with Macro at the top.
5.  Cursor down to "Protected View".
6.  Tab through the settings and you should find check boxes for "Enable
Protected View for files originating from the Internet"
and
“Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations”.
And
“Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments”.

Needless to say, if you uncheck the above settings, you do so at your own risk
and I take no responsibility for any crap that arrives on your computer.
<smile>

HTH.  Ian.