[access-uk] MP3 players and hyper threading processors

  • From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:20:17 +0100

Hi I've just hooked my MP3 player up to my PC but its not seeing it.
The PC uses hyper threading technology and I read somewhere that with
these PCs you might have to assign one processor to the MP3 player and
something about DMM technology.  That's all I could make out and I can't
work out what it means.

Can anyone suggest why I had no problem hooking up the MP3 player up to
my old PC but nothing happens when I hook it up to the new one?  Is it
anything to do with hyper threading and if so, how can I fix it?...ta
muchly