[access-uk] Loss of Broadband connection

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:59:46 +0100

As may have been obvious from recent messages I am still a novice as far
as broadband is concerned. But I have noticed something which I find rather
puzzling.
I have an ADSL connection through a bT line and notice occasionally that
when I try to load a particular web page I get a "Web page not available off
line" message.  If I tab to a Connect button and activate it, the web page
then loads immediately.  Is this a normal behaviour?  Could I be getting brief
breaks in the broadband input?   I have noticed when downloading files that
the speed fluctuates considerably but does not seem to go down to zero or
anything near to it.

Any comments would be much appreciated,

Douglas

--