[access-uk] Re: Laptop Not Staying On Internet Etc.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:56:31 +0100

Hi Mandy,

Yes, if you are in someone else's house, and there is no
possibility or risk that it's using your own wireless
connection.  Anything above about 100 yards away from your
house is probably a safe bet.

Just about the only option left to test, would be to take
your router to somewhere else away from your home, and try
your own router out.

If it still fails, it is clearly the router.

If it does not, then I'm afraid to say that it would suggest
there is something locally causing the problem.  From what
you describe, you are not loosing connection to the router
itself when you are at home.  And so it appears the router
is therefore loosing connection to the outside world.

If it is a broadband router (Sorry if you've already said)
it could be something as simple as a bad connection at the
point the phone wire come into your house.  Or it could be
somewhere else between house and telephone exchange.

Was the router supplied by Blueyonder?  If so, might you be
able to persuade them to swap it?

George.