[access-uk] Re: Kindle books not speech enabled

  • From: Sean O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 12:29:55 +0100

as noted elsewhere, if you can ascertain contact details of the author (
or a person representing the legal interests of that author rather than
the publisher ) then raising yuour concerns in that direction should
prove helpfull as well. as, In my view publishers and other mass market
entities are slow to adapt to the needs of their audience, taking into
account the technology through which, for example books, are made
available...
naturally the publisher might cite "copyright" as a justification for
disabling speech output but this is a poor excuse and doesn't hold water
in practical terms. additionally the accessibility status of a kindle
book is unclear in the amazon website as far as can be seen but i am
willing to take another look and see just how prominent that information is.
I could continue ad infinitum on this subject but here is not a good
place for that.;-)