[access-uk] Re: Jaws 13, dvd navigation and accessible DVD playback software

  • From: Mohammed Adeel <licenced2chill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:31:33 +0000 (GMT)

It's not 100% accessible. Sometimes when I play a DVD, I can press the enter
key a few times and it will start playing the movie. Other times, it won't and
I have to go into the playback menu and there's an item in their called
navigation which allows you to jump to different parts of the DVD.

I'm hoping the new OCR function in jaws 13 will be able to speak the DVD menus
when you load a DVD in VLC media player.

To fast forward and rewind, pres Ctrl + left and right arrow keys depnding on
what you want to do.
The space bar will pause and play. The dialog to skip to a specific time is not
accessible.

Origiinal message:
Hi.
Thanks, yes I had heard of VLC, in fact I received that very suggestion from
another individual in private correspondence. Tell me, how keyboard accessible
is it? Is there a website I can go to to read up on it before I download and
install it?

All the best, Ibrahim.
-----Original Message----- From: Mohammed Adeel
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:33 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Jaws 13, dvd navigation and accessible DVD playback
software

I don't know if this will work with the OCr function you mention but I use VLC
Media Player to play DVD's. It is open source so is free to download.