[access-uk] JAWS not reading menus and dialog boxes in Openbook

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:57:25 +0100

Hi all,

I would be grateful if someone could help.

I have just replaced my Epson scanner for a Canon scanner, and use it to
scan documents into Word.  The previous Epson  scanner was set up by
Brian Hartgen, and I didn't mind the fact that JAWS did not read the
menus and dialog boxes in the Openbook application, as I would just open
Word and scan a document.

Now I have a new scanner and it requires setting up, I cannot read the
menus in the Openbook application , and now it is bothering me,
especially as it is from Freedom Scientific, same as JAWS.

I suppose I should contact T&T consultancy, but from past experience,
and broken promises to return phone calls, I'll try the list first.

Also while on the topic, Openbook, was set up to display in
Simple/Normal view, which means the text is displayed all to the left,
and not as displayed on the document.  Anyone know how to change this?
as I'm supposing it is a setting in Openbook which needs changing,
that's if of course I can get JAWS to read the menus and dialog boxes!

Cheers

Dave