[access-uk] Re: JAWS not reading menus and dialog boxes in Openbook

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:17:20 +0100

Terry,

Do you remember our conversation regarding you forwarding to me the
email you sent to my IT team?
It never turned up! and no reason given. as to why.
Remember last Friday, when I called asking to speak to you with regard
to a technical question?
I left my contact number and was told you would contact me when
available, never did!

I posted the technical question here on the list - Silent logon, to
which you never gave a response, so take it you have no solution.  I
have, just have to get someone to tell me what's on the screen at
start-up, since no other solution seems available, and the company won't
remove the encryption at start-up.

Thanks' to Brian, who has contacted me with a suggestion to the Openbook
problem.  Unfortunately his suggestions haven't worked, as when I open
the Openbook application, JAWS fails to respond to any keystroke! and
Magic also fails to respond too, so no magnification either.
Considering all three applications are from the same company, Freedom
Scientific, one would expect them to work together! and I know who
writes some of the software for FS too!

Anyone here remember the old Volkswagen ads? well here's mine.

Thank god most things in life aren't as unreliable as computers!

Don't get me wrong, technology is a wonderful thing, and without it we'd
all be making baskets, but unfortunately we seem to spend most of our
time trying to get it to work and the companies that make it only want
to know you when they are taking money off you.

Considering the cost of Openbook, I'm very disappointed with it!

Regards

Dave

Seriously Dave I've passed this to Brian since he set things up for you
and asked him to call you.
You could try navigating the menus with the JAWS cursor and left
clicking the option you want but this could prove a little clumsey.
Alternatively I wonder if your magnification software will enable you to
get to the point in the menu where you encounter a dialog box and
hopefully then JAWS will talk.

Terry Cllasper.
MSN terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
skype: terryclasper