[access-uk] I-Tel

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:58:41 +0100

Hi

Has anyone got the new i-tel product from Cobolt working with their iPod yet
please?  I have one here for testing purposes, and I have spent a good part of
this afternoon trying to use it and I cannot get any speech from it.  According
to the instructions, connecting it to the iPod is meant to cause the i-tel to
emit some beep sounds following which it will announce the version number and
the name of the iPod.  With this unit none of those things happen.

One thing I have noticed which no-one has commented upon yet is that the
connector used to connect the i-tel to the iPod does not fit snugly into the
connection port.  It certainly does not connect as well as a USB cable and this
could well be part of the problem.

I will call Cobolt on Monday first thing about this but just thought I would
mention this while the subject was topical.

Brian