[access-uk] Re: IOS5 gains and losses?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:39:29 -0000

You'll be able to upgrade IOS via "The Cloud" so won't need your computer for
that task.  You also can backup that way, though not music as yet, which is
really annoying.

You don't absolutely have to use the male voice (though I like him personally)
but could opt for the lesser quality American or Australian voices if you
wished, and of course can alter these on the fly if you choose.

I must admit, whilst I struggle with Siri in accuracy when dictating, I do like
to be able to choose a song.

I also like my incoming male and messages read out as in the Notification
Centre.

To be honest, I think it's worth upgrading, or you could find some apps don't
work any more.

--
Carol P