[access-uk] Re: Help would be apreciated from OE users who are on both this list and the TALKS list

  • From: "jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:28:42 +0100

Alex, you didn't say what screen reader you were using, but here's one for
HAL/Supernova users, just apply in the same way if your using jaws.

creating a rule in outlook express using hal v5.
1. press alt +t to go to the tools menu.
2. find message rules by arrowing up or down.
3. select the mail option by cursoring right from the message rules and
press enter.
4. you should be placed on the new rule button, assuming you haven't created
a rule already.
if you have created a rule, tab to the new button, and press enter.
5. you should be at the select the conditions for your rule,  here is where
you have to choose what type of rule you want, for arguments sake choose
where the subject line contains specific words, press  the space bar on
that.
6. tab twice to where it says, rule description, click on an underlined
value to edit and cursor down, and go in to virtual focus.
7. cursor right so your  cursor is on the s of the specific words, press the
space bar on that, you should now be in an edit field.
type in the word or words that you want outlook express to look for, then
tab to the add button, and press the space bar. now it will bring up a
secondary option where you can modify your rule if you want.
tab over to the ok button and press space bar.
you should now be back at your new mail rule.
8. shift +tab to get you back to where it says select the action for your
rule, and you can cursor up and down through the choices.
for arguments sake, press the space bar on the option, move it to the
specified folder.
9. tab to the rule description, apply this rule after the message has
arrived.
10. cursor down, and if you have  colour change selected in hal just cursor
on to where hal says colour blue, and press the space bar on that.
if not just cursor on to the s of the specified folder and press the space
bar.
it should bring up the list of folders in outlook express.
tab to the ok button and press the spacebar.
11. now you should be at the fourth part of the rule, name of the rule.
type in what you want to call it, and now tab to the ok button and press the
spacebar.
12. you should now be at the apply rules now, tab round to apply now and
press enter.
you should here a sound and a confirmation dialog box, saying that the rule
has been applied.
that's  all.

Jim.