[access-uk] Help with new Dell laptop

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:39:18 +0100

Hello all.
Please can you help?
Hannah's and my friend Kashley just purchased a Dell laptop over the weekend with Windows 7. Now she is using NVDA as her screen reader. She is however having major issues. For example, it is not speaking very well. We are therefore wondering what software that ships with Dell laptops she should remove? She has already removed the antivirus and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials. We are aware of potential issues with Dell and screen readers. Could she be another victim of this?
Please respond as soon as possible.
Thank you very much. It will be greatly appreciated.
Chat soon.
--

Chris Hallsworth
Sent from Thunderbird