[access-uk] Re: Help with iTunes library please

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 15:49:03 -0000

Hi Kevin -

I figured much of these issues out now. I had tried to delete the whole library
using Control A, but it only deleted the track where the focus was.

As for pasting tracks in to the library list, this actually duplicates them,
placing a copy of the tracks in the iTunes media folder, which is were the
library will point to, instead of the original location of the file, so caution
needed there as drive space could quickly diminish if loads of songs got
duplicated via this method.

I don't buy my music from iTunes, and already had loads of mp3s on my HD, so
have found that the add file/add folder method is the best, and it doesn't make
a copy of the tracks. -

Andy