[access-uk] Re: Help with downloading a file from the web

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:15:50 +0100

Hi Keith,

Clicking the link didn't open any page but took me straight to the downloads dialogue. I made sure that the file in question is highlighted on the downloads list, then arrow right to the open button and another right to the save button. When clicking the save button the download started.

Hope that works on your setup.

Amro

On 05/10/2017 01:40 PM, Keith wrote:

Hello all,

I receive a frequent e-mail from Top Tech Tidbits containing various links to read about interesting articles.

One such link is the one shown below:

http://bit.ly/2wyGrny <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001I4iEaOA7477BqgyYT0qeEeiwtrSEHZp7XOa1uEZ2bXWuszMLWeEnLc3SXVhdCPNiwoaGMs5iHPCG8oI3SrCyDvcqUiBcWM0i8qoMIuSnTObHyzdyJ5caIBJDXP8lrMYEO7SpARP3CqtV0SQXyHDAbRs8JEJYeGX4jf0y7rlWh6U=&c=Ial8ZHvtpjkzNvN9CuDS03pgPXNJ1djmcq1cLZ6UvpkBvZlWW3utDQ==&ch=jQXNCeLgQ9b4kD398oXNSKfLS1e_CtIqkHgiBn5_AsDIAQCO9AUG6A==>

Once on the site there is the usual option to either open or save the file. I wish to save the file but can’t, for the life of me see how to do it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Keith