[access-uk] Re: Help with ancient basic-s Index embosser please

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 11:36:26 +0100

Hi Peter.

USB connections work differently to parallel connections. the port could've been changed if you connected it to a different port. I would be more than happy to take a look for you if you wish? without doing that it would be difficult to advise on the issue.

all the best,

Mo.

On 23/10/2015 21:41, Peter Bentley wrote:

Using Windows 7

Because of decorating I had to move my pc and embosser to another room – total chaos.

I thought I had re-assembled everything properly but the embosser does not braille. I have used a parallel connecter to the embosser with a USB connecter to the pc. I have not changed any settings and have a message in the system tray saying that a document is pending for printing. I can’t remember whether previously I used a parallel to parallel connection before and if so this is presumably the reason for the problem. Would anybody be able to confirm what I should be using?

Many thanks.

Peter Bentley