[access-uk] Re: Help With Windows 8.1

  • From: Chris Miles <grrenfly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:55:43 +0000

On 17/02/2015 20:52, jibberjabber2014@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Folks,
We have just installed WindowEyes on a Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop, and know nothing about the operating system, *sigh*. Can anyone please tell me how to get to the settings for the screen reader so that we can make changes to the speech eccetra? Also, how do I find My Computer, or whatever it is called now, so that I can look at files that have been installed?

Regards.
Jim.

---

The Window Eyes hot key is Control plus backslash.

To see your computer etc on your desktop:-

1. Open control panel.

2. Go to personalisation. (Windows key and I)

3. Tab till you see desktop icons.

4. Select the icons you want to see on your desktop and then press ok.

The hot key for your desktop is Windows key and D.