[access-uk] Re: Google Nexus 7 queries

  • From: Georgina Joyce <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:55:37 +0000

Hello Jackie,

I've been playing with Android devices but had to give up on them as I need something reliable to make and receive calls. Anyway, although I've played with Jelly Bean, I've not a clue on how to change the language. I would suggest that you join the eyes-free list to get the most out of your new tablet. As a start you might want to view:

http://eyes-free.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/jelly-bean-accessibility-gestures.html

I think Steve Nutt is on this list too. He'd be the best person to reply.

Regards

Gena

On 26/12/2012 12:58, Jackie Cairns wrote:
Greetings everyone,

Santa gave me a Google Nexus 7 tablet for Christmas, and I have got as far
as charging it and turning on the machine.  I understand the gesture to
switch on speech is by holding down two fingers on the screen.  Having done
this, I discovered the female voice was speaking to me in a foreign
language, so my first question is to ask how I change this to English.

If anyone is using this device, or could give me a couple of gestures to get
me going, that would be great.  I have downloaded the tablet's manual, but
haven't started on it yet, doubting it will offer much by way of
accessibility gestures in any case.

All help appreciated, thanks.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns

"If you want someone who thinks outside the box, hire someone who lives outside the box" Barbara Otto