[access-uk] From Moderator Please Read: Group Issues

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barrys.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:09:46 +0100

Hi all.

I haven't forgotten this lits.  Evidently the move was not smooth.  In fact
it was and seems to be turning out to be as smooth as Cossack.  Which for
the non-drinkers is a rough tasting Vodka.

I have been attempting to contact Steve for the past week at least and
haven't been able to do so.

I am going to get his phone contact information of a mutual friend and give
him a phone.

I am virtually powerless as I've no known moderator privileges on the
freelists group.

When I obtain the privileges my intention will be to clear the member list
for the free list group.

Failing this I'll close the group and re-open it.  I will post the
subscription details to the yahoo group.

It is virtually the same process if your doing it through email as you'd use
to subscribe to a yahoo, or topica or smartgroups group.

Clearly importing the yahoo groups database has failed miserably.

It's just after 10 in the evening now but I will be phoning ASAP tomorrow.
That is a promise.

I truly apologise for all the hassles, the move is not how I envisioned it
would be.  And I'm sure it's not how Steve would have liked it to go.

I can't say anymore until I phone the big man himself and see what the crack
is here.

As soon as I know a thing I will inform both groups like I have here.

Cheers
Bar.

"Some people think only intellect counts: knowing how to solve problems,
knowing how to get by, knowing how to identify an advantage and seize it.
But the
functions of intellect are insufficient without courage, love, friendship,
compassion and empathy".

Dean Koontz