[access-uk] Re: Free talks with vodafone

  • From: gena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:08:11 +0000

Hi

Well I managed to get talks through Vodafone around May last year and they
insisted upon sending the handset to their service centre.  However, I found
that it didn't work too well.  I caught up with Mike Ducksbury at Sight
Village.  We arranged to meet up when he was to visit my area.  I was to ring
and make arrangements at the beginning of that week however, he never answered
his phone, nor did he reply to my emails.  I really felt anoid that Vodafone
had took a big commitment from me and forgot their commitment.  Recently, when
their network went down, for some weeks, I found their support seriously
lacking.  I don't think that I'll be sticking with Vodafone once I'm free of
the contract.

Last month a blind friend asked about Vodafone's service and customer support
couldn't answer his question.  So I rang on his behalf and I was told they
still offered the service.  It seemed it was difficult to speak to the right
people.

BTW: At Sight Village, Vodafone were selling discontinued pay-as-you-go
handsets with talks installed, at a very good price.  Whether they'll be doing
the same this year, who knows.

HTH

Gena