[access-uk] Re: Four apps for iPod Touch/iPhone to recommend

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwbr33694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:31:02 -0000

Hi List,

Whether this has a bearing on this subject I'm not sure.  In
the past I had to pay a fee of about £40 per year to get
access to live sports commentaries over the Internet but I
stopped subscribing when my local BBC radio extended their
coverage of live football commentaries on FM and DAB.

Perhaps WFTB will not, or cannot, afford to pay such fees.

Just my thoughts.

Jim Williams

From: Jackie Cairns
Ing"jackieddcairnsplacethebtinternetddcom0Ing
To:  Ing"access-ukthefreelistsddorg0Ing
Date: Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 10.21.29
Subject: [access-uk] Four apps for iPod Touch/iPhone to
recommend

0
0
0 My Apple keyboard arrived yesterday, and pairing it with
my iPod Touch was
0 extremely straightforward.  So I decided to visit the App
Store and, for
59p 0 each, I bought four applications that work with
VoiceOver.  They are
the 0 World Fact Book 2011, a dictionary and thesaurus, Tune
In Radio and, 0
probably my favourite, Birds of Britain.  The latter is an
amazing little 0
program if you love bird sound and details.  Not only can
you play the song,
0 but you can listen to VoiceOver provide a description of
their size,
colour, 0 family, time of year etc.  There is also a
favourites button to
use where 0 you can add a library of your favourite birds to
it.
0
0 Tune In Radio is great.  Similarly, there is a bookmark
facility where you
0 can make a list of the stations you wish to add.  Because
I love tennis,
and 0 the Australian Open is on at the moment, I have great
difficulty
getting it 0 on DAB as we have such a diabolical signal in
these parts.  So
when I tuned 0 in using the Sonata at 8,00 this morning, a
message said that
restricted 0 rights prevented coverage.  I find this often
happens at
weekends when 0 football matches are in progress too.  So I
tuned my iPod to
Sports Extra 0 and, low and behold, got the tennis on live.
0
0 All the above apps work with VoiceOver.  I don't use my
keyboard for 0
everything, mainly when I get into tricky areas that need a
bit of typing.
0 Mostly, I use my fingers and have got used to doing so
now.
0
0 Just thought I'd pass on the info.
0
0 Kind Regards,
0
0 Jackie Cairns
0 J&More Work-Ability
0
0 Ingjandmthework-abilityddcoddukIng
0 Ingwwwddwork-abilityddcoddukIng
0
0 ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
link:- 0 **
Ingofmailtoccaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgensubjectggun
subscribewithIng
0 ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
0 ** Ingaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgIng
0 ** and in the Subject line type
0 ** unsubscribe
0 ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on
the 0 **
immediately-following link:- 0 **
Ingofmailtoccaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgensubjectggfa
qwithIng
0 ** or send a message, to
0 ** Ingaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgIng with the
Subject:- faq
link:-
**
the