[access-uk] Re: Formal letter writing and the correct format

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 11:03:16 +0100

Hi Michael

Perhaps this is stating the obvious, but when I write any form of
communication, my rules are to pay attention to spelling and grammar, sign
off with yours faithfully if it is to dear sir or madam, or yours sincerely
if it is dear name.  Finally, I make sure that if the yours faithfully or
sincerely is going to land on page two, then I adjust the content of the
first page to ensure that at least one line of the contents goes onto the
second page.  I was always taught never to send a letter with yours
faithfully or sincerely and your name alone on page two.  I use Arial font
size 12 with a normal Word template.

Not sure if this makes sense or helps, but there you go.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate