[access-uk] Re: FineReader again

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:30:39 -0000

Hi Amro - There are 2 issues with this for me, the first is with Finereader
7, which when opened, causes JFW6.2 to unload, and/or my machine to freeze;
I say and/or, as the problem is not consistent, sometimes after waiting for
a minute or so, and using a hot key, I can get JFW back talking again, at
other times, the PC freezes, and I have to re-boot.

The second problem is that on those occasions when I can get JFW back
talking again, and I have FR7 open, and try to do a scan, using the
FineReader interface, I get a message saying that Epsom 3170 scan couldn't
be started, going on to ask if I want to open the trouble shooter; the
trouble shooter doesn't seem to have a topic that answers this problem, so
it looks as if there's a setting I need to change under the scanning tab for
my Epsom 3170 to work with FR.

Hope this makes some kind of sense? Can you shed any further light on what
needs to be done?

Thanks - Andy