[access-uk] FW: VAT Exemption; Follow-up: 235295737

  • From: "Howie, Sam" <Sam.Howie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:56:25 +0100

All
See reply from Apple regarding VAT

Dear Sam,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Online Store.

I understand that you are interested in making a purchase with Apple and would
like to know if you will be able to claim the VAT back.

I would recommend that you contact your local Tax Office to ensure that you
receive the correct information on this subject.

I hope this has been of help to you.

Kind regards,

Maria
Apple Online Store
Apple Distribution International

IRL 1850 8820 48
Help Pages
http://store.apple.com/ie/help
Online Self Service
http://store.apple.com/ie/orderstatus
UK 0845 600 1683
Help Pages
http://store.apple.com/uk/help
Online Self Service
http://store.apple.com/uk/orderstatus

Hi
Wonder if you can help is it the case that people who are registered as blind,
deaf or deaf-blind are entitled to receive VAT exemption on VoiceOver products.
That is to say, the Mac range, iPad, iphone, and iPod range.

I have heard of customers in London and Belfast buying iphone 5 and ipads and
being asked to complete a VAT exemptions form in store. All they needed to do
is take some kind of proof of there impairment.

Can you confirm if this is the case or not as I am looking to buy some Apple
products in the next few weeks
Thanks
Sam

Glasgow - Proud host city of the 2014 Commonwealth Games
More than 11 days of sport www.gameslegacyglasgow.com

Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this message.
Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so please
scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its contents.