[access-uk] Re: FW: Tesco and Sainsburys

  • From: Léonie Watson <lw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:10:43 +0100

Ian,

    The only part of the DDA yet to come into effect is the component that
relates to physical premises.

    The component that relates to goods and services has been in effect
since October 1999.

    The DDA is a difficult piece of legislation to work with, as it offers
ambiguity where more precise definitions of effort and accessibility would
be preferable.

    I have not always agreed with Julie Howell in the past, but in this
instance I would urge everybody to respond to her suggestion and contact
these companies. She has already done a tremendous amount in this sector and
has the influence and knowledge to bring these issues to bear.

Regards,
Tink.

** vacation ## d