[access-uk] Re: FACEBOOK

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:44:36 +0100

Oh, this gets better - so to crack the nut, I need to find and install and then become familiar enough with Firefox, then whatever the other software is in order to read the capture ...

I didn't think the mobile sites work with IE. Thanks at least for confirming that this one doesn't.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:08 PM (UK time), Orhan Deniz at orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol,
Those are true.
              Also, http://m.facebook.com for convenience for
              generally reading news feed updates.
The mobile site, m.facebook will work in Firefox, but not in IE.
Best regards,
Orhan Deniz
E-mail:
orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxx
MSN:
orhan1793@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM and skype:
kvp2008

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/kvp2008
Blog:
http://worldandother.wordpress.com
last.fm profile!
http://last.fm/user/orhandeniz1993

on Tuesday, 07 April 2009, at 12:29:50 PM, Carol Pearson wrote:
Hi all,

I posted a message a few days ago and asked these questions, but
maybe it didn't arrive ...

Has anyone signed up to Facebook recently and so can confirm or deny
things
I recall hearing ...

1)    You're still best to use the English-US settings;
2)    You can overcome the capture if you sign up using your mobile?

In addition to these questions, how are people getting on     with
Facebook generally, in terms of access with screen readers?

Thanks for any information.  Loads of my friends appear on Facebook
these days and I'm thinking I'm just going to have to "bite the
bullet!