[access-uk] Re: Eset security

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 00:41:18 +0100

Hi Ali,

You need to show the ESET icon on the System Tray. If you’re not sure how to
customise the System Tray please read on.

In Windows 7 do the following: Open Start menu and search for “notification
area icons” and enter on it. Once on the Notification Icons Area dialog tab to
ESET Main GUI. From the three options choose “show icon and notifications”. Now
tab down to the OK button, enter on it to confirm and exit and you’re done.
This will permanently show the ESET icon on the System Tray. I guess the
procedure will be quite similar in Window 8.

If you wish to keep the icon hidden to avoid cluttering the System Tray then
you can just focus on the System Tray, and then use your arrow keys to find the
“Notification Chevron button” and enter on it. Now if you use your arrow keys
to explore the System Tray again you should see few new icons one of which
should be ESET.

Lastly, it is worth mentioning that there are other ways to get to the
Notification Area Icons dialog other than the one I mentioned, and that the
above applies to all icons on the System Tray.

HTH,

Amro