[access-uk] Re: Email forum for Mac users wanted please

  • From: Gordon Atkinson <g.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:31:23 +0100

Hi Carol,

It looks as if I missed off the important link for subscribing to Mac-Access.

Gordon Atkinson

On 07/07/2013 09:51 AM, Gordon Atkinson wrote:
Hi Carol,

A good e-mail forum for the Mac is Mac Access.

It is a UK-based list and is run by Gordon Smith, who is himself a blind
Mac user, and his wife, Lynn.

Traffic is quite reasonable.

Details below.

Gordon Atkinson

Mac-Access Mailing List:
mac-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mac-Access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access
forum at either
the list's own dedicated web archive:
http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/mac-access/index.html
or at the public Mail Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

On 06/07/2013 11:10 PM, Carol Pearson wrote:
Andy,

Did you see the post Jacqui sent a couple of weeks back with various
email addresses. I know many of them are Google mail, and some are very
heavy traffic. My problem is I don't know which is which! I don't want
to go into one and then find it not suitable. Therefore I too would
welcome any recommendations here! If you didn't see the list and want me
to forward it to you privately, I can do that.

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using BrailleTouch

On 6 Jul 2013, at 08:27 PM, "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

HI all -
I know I've been asking a lot on here, but I can't find a working
email forum for blind Mac users. I've subbed to a list that had no
traffic, and tried with a couple of others, but as they are on Google
groups, subscription is by invite only, and as I don't know who is
running those groups, can't ask for an invite. I'm looking for
something active that can help with all these questions, that I can't
find answers to from my own trial and errorefforts, or from podcasts
and Google searching. Thanks -
Andy