[access-uk] Re: EasyCleaner was Re: System Mechanic 6

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:38:40 +0100

The thing I found about easy cleaner is that it works theoretically, but it doesn't work practically. That's why I recommend System Mechanic. However, I'm very sorry to hear you've had problems, I think the five hours thing is actually normal, and is just an approximation of how long it would take to clean up the trash, as it were. easy cleaner is accessible with JAWS without help. Hope you have better luck this time!

Alexander Shannon wrote:

Hi again Chris and all,

System mechanic 6 did do what I wanted it to do, however when I asked it to tidy up unnecessary files on my c:\ and optimise it, it said it would take 5 hours.

I have since uninstalled it and replaced it with a copy of a registry cleaner called EasyCleaner which came as an extra with a copy of Kurzweil version 10 which I have just purchased.

I was wondering if any list members had used EasyCleaner with Jaws and what they thought of it? would it be easy to use first time for myself as a Jaws user who has limited residual vision, or would I need sighted help to use it initially?

Alexander Shannon ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq