[access-uk] Desktop shortcut lost.

  • From: Colin r. Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: y@xxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:15:03 +0000

Greetings,

Desktop machine, WindoesXP home with service pack 3 installed, Jaws v11, I.E
v7.

I usually use the run command (windows key r) and either modify or enter the
value(s) found.

This morning tried as usual entering the BBC WM site and received message
"application not found".  I then tried going in via the desktop icon with
same results though this time invited to associate a program.

I was using the run command no problems yesterday and previously.

I then went to I.E icon via esc and ctrl, then programs and down to the i.e
and entered on it.  Could not resolve the shortcut but offered me to search
and it found the program, so then worked.

To use I.E at present, I need to do the above sequence.

Please can somebody tell me how I can put back the shortcut on the desktop
to allow me access via the run or the desktop icon?

This downstairs (laptop) machine, basically same system but Jaws 10, no
problems (to date).

Thanks.

From Colin Howard who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.