[access-uk] Re: Creating folders on I devices

  • From: "Barry Hill" <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:44:11 +0100

A couple of things to help.  When you are moving an app, or folder for that
matter, and it is over another app/folder, you will get a warning of three
beeps before the folder is created or opened.  You don't need to wait until
the folder is opened when you're moving to a new folder, you just let go
when it announces that you're on the folder.

To move out of a folder and into another is just the same as moving the app
into it.  You double tap and leave your finger on it on the second tap.  It
will say *Moving* and, when you drag your finger, it will drag it out of the
folder.  I Find it easier to let it go outside the first folder before
moving it again into the new folder.

One more tip is for moving to a different page.  If you drag it to the right
border, it will go to a higher page, and to the left will take it to a lower
page.  If you take it to a higher page when you don't already have a higher
page, it will create another page.  For example, if you only have two pages
and you drag to the right border, it will create a third page.

Cheers

Barry

One note of warning.  This move function also doubles as a delete function.
To delete an app, double tap and leave your finger on it on the second tap.
To delete, double tap again.  I have found that you can't delete the
original apps this way, though, only the ones you've added.

Cheers

Barry

pa