[access-uk] Re: Connecting to the Internet with a Mac

  • From: Andy Collins <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 23:36:43 +0100

Hi Carol - Wondered how you were getting on.

I fully understand when you talk about struggling with something, only to get
it sorted out, but not to be sure how. Sometimes I try so many things, that
when it works, I don't quite know how I did it. So like you, I too would
benefit from a sort of how to guide.

Regarding your question about the headphones socket and volume; I think as you
do, that it's more likely to be broken rather than a misplaced setting. You
probably know that you can adjust the volume on the fly with the fn key and f11
[down] and 12 [up.]

One of the most frustrating things I am finding, is when in Safari, I click on
a link, and nothing happens, and VO keeps telling me that I am on a link within
an HTML area, and to press VO and the space bar to activate the link. And I
think "that's all very well, but I've activated the link and nothing…"

I wouldn't mind a high traffic list just now, as I still have questions, and
nowhere to really ask them but here, and the Blind Apples list, and as helpful
as people are, it seems there aren't too many of us as yet, and people don't
seem to know the answers to the things I am now asking about. Anyway, never
give up eh <smile> -

Andy