[access-uk] Re: Computer Driver checking advice

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 23:21:55 -0000

Hi Pete.

I use Driver Agent myself, I have to say, its quite good at finding those odd
hard to get drivers for those miscellaneous components in laptops for example.
For instance, where does one download the Alps GlidePad driver, the Ricoh multi
card reader etc etc.  Just a couple of the odd components I've had innumerable
difficulties locating drivers for over the years with the many laptops I've
owned and used.  Also, these services put all the drivers in the one place, and
more often than not have more up-to-date drivers than the laptop manufacturers
provide or make available for download.

Horses for courses as the saying goes, but although Driver Agent occasionally
gets it wrong, more often I've had accurate results on each computer scan.

All the best, Ibrahim.