[access-uk] Re: Computer Driver checking

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 21:32:40 -0000

Hi Eleanor and Peter,

I am here.

At the time, I believe I recommended Driver Genius.  The problem with all
these things however, I have discovered, is that they misidentify drivers.
I have found that on a test machine I have here, which has a SoundBlaster
Live 5.1 in it, it kept referring me to SoundBlaster Audigy drivers, which
won't install, because they don't see the hardware.  But it isn't only
Creative they had trouble with.

So now, I do it all myself.

All the best

Steve