[access-uk] Re: Changing voices in iOS 8.02

  • From: Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:50:18 +0100

That might be the problem and forgot at the time to ask you to check your language rotor.

Sent from my laptop

On 28/09/2014 19:32, eleanor martha burke wrote:
I used their rotor to change the voices.

Eleanor Martha Burke

On 28 Sep 2014, at 13:31, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know whether the Enhanced voices in iOS 8.02 work?  Using an
iPad Mini with Retina 32gb, I updated this morning and find everything ok so
far, except I cannot for the life of me swap any of the voices.  I have
downloaded Alex and Australian Karen, but neither of them will change from
default Daniel.  I have removed VoiceOver and turned it back on, and
rebooted the device as many times, but still Daniel is the voice I get
despite Alex being set as default.

I am running Alex on my iPhone 6 with no difficulty, though I haven't taken
the very latest update for it yet, it is still running 8.0.

Has anyone tried this?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown