[access-uk] Can anyone help with an audio interface query?

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:25:01 -0000

Hello All,

I've just acquired an electro acoustic guitar to computer
USB audio interface unit with associated software.
The software is called "Guitar Rig 2". It does a multiple of
things, including allowing you to use your powered computer
speakers as an amplifier and recording system, sound
effects, etc, etc.

Has anyone tried to use this software before? If so, have
you found it to be accessible? My initial impression is that
it has inaccessible dialogues and its screens are unuseable
for screenreaders. However, I don't think I have got it
correctly installed yet because, part way through the
installation routine, it disables your screenreader speech
and you're guessing when you continue the installation from
this point onwards.

Is there any other software which does this kind of thing
which you know is accessible and works well?

Any contributions would be appreciated.

John.