[access-uk] Re: CORDLESS PHONE FOR SOMEONE LOSING HEARING?

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 15:24:32 +0000

I cannot advise as to a particular model but it occurs to me that for someone with severe hearing loss virtually any phone with adjustable volume and a speaker phone capability may be suitable. If volume is insufficient on the phone simply switch to speaker phone and place that in proximity to the ears.

If you do consider adopting this strategy you will need to be reassured that the phone has good speaker phone output. My old BT models definitely do not and tend to cut out. I think that is a problem confined to that model however.

David Griffith

On 07/12/2014 14:48, Richard Godfrey-McKay wrote:

Writing on behalf of a friend who asks:

"I am beginning to have difficulty with telephones. I am looking for a cordless triple phone where I can adjust the volume and which has digital sound. You have not come across anything useful like this, have you?"

TIA,

Richard

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880