[access-uk] Re: Blind users tested RNIB Overdrive!

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:53:06 +0000

pardon my sarcasm regarding the BBC broadcast, it looks like the RNIB
have fallen into the trap of "tell a lie often enough and people will
start to elective it" . of course the statistics quoted might very well
have been accurate as they stood but was any serious comparison made
between the positive responses as against the responses pointing out
problems with the system? I think the RNIB would have served themselves
much better if they had acknowledged early on that teething problems
existed rather than trumpeting a one sided story.  its almost as if they
had been leant on to promote overdrive at the expense of other services.
my opinion only of course.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda