[access-uk] Re: Best place to buy a cheap PC

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:28:05 -0000

Mail order firms can be very good, though I've no recommendations as such.  I
wasn't pleased with Evesham Micros who I bought from four years back.  I hear
good
things said of Dell though.  HP, in spite of not doing well in mag reviews are
solid machines.

One word of caution though.  If getting audio out of your computer via line out
or
SPDIF be aware that Dell are selling machines where you simply cannot do this.
If
I say its all down to the FW RIAA apeople will know what I mean.  This is only
one
reason I shall very likely go for a Mac next year;  not that I know for certain
they haven't been shafted by the RIAA.

AS someone who has never gone in for on-line sharing, and been content to pay
for
my music, I feel very very agrieved at MS and Vista, so I say, Give Mac
computers
a look if you are at all interestedd in going down that road.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx