[access-uk] Re: Backing up Contacts Etc From Nokia Mobile Phones

  • From: "Theresa Hodge" <theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:08:34 -0000

Hi Steve

I do use Outlook, and have started syncronising it with my new phone.  I don't
have a Bluetooth adaptor for my computer because the one I bought just didn't
work with my Nokia 6600.  I managed to pair the phone and computer up, but it
would never stay connected for long enough to do anything.  The staff in the
shop where I bought it didn't understand why this was happening, so I exchanged
the adaptor for another one, but with no more success.  I took it back and got
a refund.  A friend of mine said she'd also had a lot of problems with
Bluetooth - had bought several adaptors which either worked once and never
again or never at all, then she bought one and it worked - but doesn't know
what was different.

Connecting the 6630 to the computer is so easy!!  I just have a problem with
the backup date from my own phone.  I've noticed that the backup on the memory
card is saved as an .arc file.  In the  Nokia PC Suite help, under Nokia
Content cCopier, it says that backup files are saved as .nfb files - so I
suspect this is the problem.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'll just have to go through all the phone
numbers on my Braille Lite (where I copied them from in the first place) and
re-enter them all.  I did wonder about going through my old phone and sending
each contact to my new one as a business card, but I'm told that wouldn't
really be very practical if there are a lot of them.

Theresa Hodge
theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx