[access-uk] Re: BBC iPlayer and audio description

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:04:22 +0000

hi mike.

yes, i think when you go in to the program on the iplayer it gives you the option to watch using audio description if available. i successfully got it working a few weeks back. they also have an audio described catagory.

cheers,

Mo.

On 23/01/2015 12:50, Mike Ray wrote:
Hello,

I was told this morning that the first episode(s) of the BBC
dramatisation of Hilary Mantell's 'Wolf Hall' is very good.

I can't remember the last time I bothered with the TV so was wondering
whether that new fangled iPlayer thing (deliberately trying to sound
like my dad) does audio description, assuming it's enabled in the
programme it is showing.

Any ideas?

Mike, feeling old