[access-uk] Re: BBC I-Player

  • From: Chris Miles <grrenfly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:18:34 +0000

On 23/01/2013 22:21, Mike Cassidy wrote:
Hello listers,

Is anyone else having trouble with I-Player; I can access tv programmes via
Alasdair's programme, but radio is proving very difficult as I cannot access
programmes  either via Alasdair's programme or directly through I-player.
I've also tried Alasdair's v.4 beta without success. Is this a general
problem or something at my end?

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Mike

You can only play items from the BBC Accessible Iplayer if you either use Mazilla Firefox or IE as your default web client.

You might also find that you can only see radio programmes via the BBC TV Accessible Iplayer as the BBC changed their access a while ago.

What you have to do is use the BBC TV Accessible Iplayer and then choose either comedy, drama to see programmes that will be heard on the radio.

If you want to visit say Northern Ireland programmes, you need to do this as above.

Hope this helps.