[access-uk] Re: Audible downloads

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:39:22 +0100

I once had problems downloading from Audible.co.uk. It lasted for a couple
of months. Essentially the normal Internet Explorer download screen would
appear and the download appear to hang. I could eventually (or sometimes
immediately) get the download to work properly. The people at Audible seemed
unable to get to the root of the problem. Eventually, after deleting and
reinstalling the Audible Manager and Audible download manager, the problem
seemed to disappear and hasn't returned. Nobody seems what caused the
problem or why it should have disappeared. However, reinstalling the Audible
components seemed to do the trick.

Iain