[access-uk] Re: An Outlook 2003 question

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:10:10 +0100

Hi Steve,

Help in Outlook is a valuable tool.  I found the following
by simply searching for "Rules".

George.

Import or export a set of rules
Show All
Hide All
When you import rules (rule: One or more automatic actions
taken on e-mail messages and meeting requests that meet
certain conditions, along with any exceptions to those
conditions. Rules are also referred to as filters.), they
are added to the end of the list of rules. You can import
only one set of rules at a time. When you export rules, they
are saved in a file with an .rwz extension.

In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the
left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as
Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each
pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.),
click Mail.
On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
If you have more than one e-mail account, in the Apply
changes to this folder list, click the Inbox you want.
Click Options.
Do one of the following:
 Import rules

Click Import Rules.
In the File name box, type the path and file name for the
set of rules you want to import.
If you want to import a file that contains rules other than
Rules Wizard rules, such as rules that are compatible with
previous versions of Microsoft Outlook, click the file type
in the Files of type list.
Click Open.
 Export rules

Click Export Rules.
In the File name box, type the path and file name for the
set of rules you want to export.
If you want to export a file that contains only rules that
are compatible with a previous version of Outlook, in the
Save as type list, select Outlook 2002 Compatible Rules
Wizard rules, Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules, or
Outlook 98 Compatible Rules Wizard rules.
Click Save.
Tip

You can create a backup copy of your rules by exporting them
to a file by using the procedure above.