[access-uk] Re: Aftershokz bone conduction headphones

  • From: Paul Warner <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:02:55 +0100

Hi Andy,

I have found that the deficiencies in my own hearing at certain frequencies are not so evident whe/n I use the AfterShokz headphones. I think that one's perception of the frequency spectrum must be different when sound is perceived through bone conduction and, therefore, if you have any hearing loss due to factors concerning the outer ear and the first point of contact with the aural nerves, you might find that you can hear the relevant frequencies better with bone conduction. This is the case with me anyway.

Paul

///
On 28/04/2013 14:54, ANDY COLLINS wrote:
Hi all -
Anybody on here using this kind of technology? ? As a hearing aids users, this sounds like a good option that will allow me to keep my hearing aids in, and use my iPhone for book reading, and route navigation. Any feedback/experiences and opinions would be welcomed. Thanks -
Andy

--
Paul Warner VICT Consultancy Software development and assistive technology training www.vict-consultancy.co.uk Sales of vTurbo and vMouse for NVDA trigger donations by our sponsor to NV Access